Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Golden Egg vol 1.



When I first stumbled on to Etsy I was enthralled, (in fact I went gaga) not yet as a seller, but as a shopper. Selling on Etsy of course leads to more shopping, and though I try to practice a measure of restraint, I continue to yearn for lots that I see. I thought it might be fun to make "The Golden Egg" a regular feature on this blog wherein I might spotlight a seller or item that tickles my fancy.

So, without further ado, my first Golden Egg will be Yellena! I chose her work because I am dazzled by her design sense- so many amazing textures, and I can't get enough of the way she uses simple lines to build such elegant, intricate images. I like undersea life in general, and some of her work reminds me of the bottom of some alien ocean. All this sophisticated imagery from markers and ink! Faboo. The pictures I've included are links to those items in her Etsy shop, so click on them if you want to see more. Happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment